To download and print the letter, please click here: Patient Office Re-Entry Letter
Dear EMG Patient,
We encourage you to continue practicing social distancing for your health and the health of others.
To keep patients safely at home, EMG started televideo visits in April 2020 and it has been very well received. If a physician or nurse practitioner visit can be accomplished without leaving your home or office, we highly recommend this new option. Our staff is happy to offer step by step instructions to set up the visit on your computer or smartphone. (See our website for more information on easy televideo set up).
But of course, we realize, at times, only an in-person office visit will do.
Our offices are open for in-person visits. For now, we have purposefully reduced our in-office appointment schedules to make visits safer for our patients. Our physicians will divide their time between televideo visits and in-person visits to allow for less patient physically streaming throughout our facilities. We appreciate your patience as we try to accommodate our office visits and navigate through these times.
When itʼs time for an office visit, you will notice the following changes in protocol to assure your safety when you return:
- Request for you to text/call when arriving for your visit. Prior to your appointment you will receive a text message from our office asking if you have arrived. Please respond appropriately. Once we know you are on site, we will reply with instructions and contact you when it is safe to enter the building/office. Waiting safely in your vehicle, outside or in our main FV lobby is best for social distancing.
- All patients will be screened for any known COVID 19 exposure or infection risk. Every patient will be screened for fever prior to entering our offices. For the safety of all, patients with fever or any COVID symptoms/risks will be requested to convert to a televideo evaluation from home.
- Guests accompanying scheduled patients will be required to wait in their vehicles or outside areas. Limiting in-office patient traffic keeps everyone safer. If you need assistance once you enter the building/office, we will make appropriate arrangements.
- Please bring your own face covering/mask to wear throughout your visit. These are required to enter the building/office. Due to medical mask shortages, we are unable to provide masks to patients.
- We are reducing wait times with others to promote physical distancing. Our lobbies have been converted to private vital sign stations to expedite your care. Following your vital sign check in, you will be escorted as soon as possible to an awaiting clean exam room. You will notice some of our staff will be donning protective equipment to help safeguard all.
- Specific office hours for our most vulnerable. We remain committed to safeguard everyoneʼs care but remain especially concerned about our seniors and immunocompromised. For those at highest risk for COVID-19 infection, we will have designated morning hours for office visits.
- Unidirectional office pathways will help social distancing. Once your visit is complete, you will be escorted out of the office to avoid overlap in other treatment areas and passing others as you exit.
- Weekend urgent care morning hours (9-12 pm Sat, Sun) will continue to be offered solely via telehealth visits and as always, there is a 24-hour physician on call. We are unable to safeguard our staff or patients from COVID-19 risk with the unpredictable nature of in-person, walk-in visits. Therefore, we will for now continue to support our patients via telehealth visits on the weekend.
Please check our website for updates on our new office protocols and you can always call or send us a text with any questions to 714-965-2500.
These times are unprecedented, but our physicians and staff remain committed to providing the best care to our patients in the safest manner possible. We thank you for your patience and support as we make practice changes to safely care for you and our Edinger Family.
The Physicians and Staff of
Edinger Medical Group